These 1985 houses are
now in front of the site of Simplemarsh Farm, originally part of Chertsey
Abbey lands with a long list of occupiers, including Viscount Castlemaine,
Thomas la Coste (a Chertsey banker) and Joseph Vincent (a member of the first
Chertsey Urban District Council of 1894). The site is now accessible only from Green Lane near the bridge carrying St Peter's Way. The entrance is to a gated residential development constructed after the remnants of Simplemarsh Farm were demolished.
Return to Interactive Map